Meet the new classroom teachers at Broadview Thomson!
To get to know them better, we asked three questions:
1. How many years have you been a teacher?
2. What do you like to do when you’re not at Broadview Thomson?
3. If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go?
See their answers and picture below…
Amanda Battles, 2nd Grade Teacher (Room 109)
1. I have been a teacher for 9 years; this is my big 10th!
2. When I’m not at Broadview Thomson, I’m either at the park with my dog, snuggling with my dog or cooking something yummy (usually with my dog drooling at my side.)
3. My next trip will be to Scotland! I love the historic buildings and green countryside.
Maggie Cain, 6th-8th Grade Interventionist (Room 212)
1. This is my 9th year teaching. Over the years I have taught 7th & 8th grade reading, writing and history.
2. When I’m not at Broadview I am happily chasing around my two-year old daughter, Charlotte. I also enjoy running, reading and yoga.
3. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be to Thailand.
Samantha Johnston, Middle School Math Teacher (Room 209)
1. This is my 6th year teaching, all middle school math positions.
2. I am an avid reader, enjoy going for walks with my fiancé and our dogs, as well as painting.
3. I would want to travel to Europe, but most specifically Norway.
Megan Lanier, 3rd Grade Teacher (Room 221)
1. I am a brand new teacher. I graduated with a Masters in Teaching in June.
2. Hang out with my husband and two sons, ages 8 and 3. I also love to run, bike and cook.
Kevin McCarthy, Art Teacher (Room 225)
1. This is my 5th year teaching, my first four I taught visual art and CTE at the Center School.
2. I like to hang out with my wife and cats, go for walks, go to Seahawks games and of course make art.
3. This is a hard question to answer because there are so many places I would like to visit. In the United States I would like to visit Washington, D.C. and Boston, and any other sites from the Revolutionary War.
Alicia Nicas, K-2nd Grade Access Teacher (Room 116A)
1. This is my first year teaching.
2. I’m a “fair weather” runner, I like to cook and I have two girls who occupy my time.
3. I would go to Ireland with my mom.
Laurie Reddy, 1st Grade Teacher (Room 101)
1. This is my 3rd year teaching.
2. When I’m not at Broadview I play flag football, hang out with friends and family and attend the University of Washington. I am working towards obtaining a Masters in Multicultural Education.
3. I would go to Africa, Kenya to be exact.
Kate Winkley, 4th Grade Teacher (Room 219)
1. I have been teaching for 5 years.
2. When I’m not at Broadview Thomson I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, participating in outdoor activities, reading and painting.
3. If I could take a trip anywhere I’d travel to Greece.