How to Volunteer
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Broadview Thomson PK-8.
BTPK8 is composed of an incredibly diverse student population, and the school community that we have created is unique and special. Volunteers work at all levels of the school to help make BTK8 the very best school it can be. Opportunities include helping out to beautify the school grounds before the school year starts, helping stuff student orientation packets, organizing teacher and parent appreciation events, volunteering to serve on the PTA board, and volunteering at all-school events.
Do You Have 1 Hour/Month?
We Get It – family/work/school keeps you busy. However, you don’t have to commit a lot of time to make a difference. Just an hour a month helping at school events, PTA fundraisers, or helping on the school grounds will make a BIG difference. See AND sign up to volunteer for current events here:
Get Started Volunteering Today!
To get started, SPS requires all volunteers
to complete the following:
Complete the Seattle Public Schools
Online Volunteer Application Form
View the Adult Sexual Misconduct
Prevention Course online video
Bring your Driver’s License to the school office for copying and background check.
Read the Volunteer Handbook
For more information, or information in your
preferred language visit the SPS website:
PTA Volunteer Myths – Busted!
Myth: The PTA has all the help they need.
Myth: Volunteering for the PTA takes too much time.
Myth: PTA volunteers need to be at the school during the day.
Myth: The PTA has the same volunteers year after year and everyone knows each other.
Myth: The PTA is all set with their activities and events for the year.
FACT: Each year, the PTA brings back favorites and tries new activities, fundraisers and events. Those new ideas come from volunteers. While we try to plan ahead, it’s only the beginning of the school year and there’s still plenty of time to do even more for the students and school this year. And we want you to be a part of it all!
Interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: To be reimbursed for an expense, you must follow the steps outlined below. Expenses not pre-approved by the PTA Program Chair/Coordinator will not be reimbursed.Program Chair/Coordinator must approve expense PRIOR to submitting check/reimbursement request.
- Complete all items on the reimbursement form (this form is now editable; simply download, fill it out, and then send along in an email with your receipts, no need to print unless for your own records). Reimbursement Form- BTK8 PTA
- Completed form and all receipts are required for check/reimbursement requests. You can take photos of your receipts if not scanned, please be sure they are clear so that they are accepted.
- Email completed form with receipts to email@example.com(Only electronic submission will be accepted.)
- Check/reimbursement requests are processed monthly and will be available following the monthly PTA Board Meeting. (For 2019-20 school year the Board meets 2nd Thursday of every month.)
- RUSH or EXPEDITED requests, please contact the PTA Treasurer directly to make special arrangements.